Privacy Notice: Care Quality Commission
Plain English explanation
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is an organisation established in English law by the Health and Social Care Act. The CQC is the regulator for English health and social care services to ensure that safe care is provided. They inspect and produce reports on all English general practices in a rolling 5 year program. The law allows CQC to access identifiable patient data as well as requiring this practice to share certain types of data with them in certain circumstances, for instance following a significant safety incident.
Visit the CQC website for more information.
We are required by Articles in the General Data Protection Regulations to provide you with the information in the following 9 subsections.
1. Data Controller
14 Pelican Court
2. Data Protection Officer
3. Purpose of the processing
To provide the Secretary of State and others with information and reports on the status, activity and performance of the NHS. The provide specific reporting functions on indentified.
4. Lawful basis for the processing
The legal basis will be:
- Article 6(1)(c) “processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.” and
- Article 9(2)(h) “processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services on the basis of Union or Member State law or pursuant to contract with a health professional and subject to the conditions and safeguards referred to in paragraph 3;”
5. Recipient of the processed data
Or categories of recipients of the processed data
The data will be shared with the Care Quality Commission, its officers and staff and members of the inspection teams that visit us from time to time.
6. Rights to object
You have the right to object to some or all of the information being shared with NHS Digital. Contact the Data Controller or the practice.
7. Right to access and correct
You have the right to access the data that is being shared and have any inaccuracies corrected. There is no right to have accurate medical records deleted except when ordered by a court of Law.
8. Retention period
The data will be retained for active use during the processing and thereafter according to NHS Policies and the law.
Right to Complain
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. You can visit the ICO Website or call their helpline Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate) There are National Offices for Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, (see ICO website).
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.