Patient Participation Group
All patients registered with Wateringbury Surgery are eligible to join our Patient Participation Group.
We are a small friendly group looking to find new members. We meet 4 times a year and lookat ways to make a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the surgery.
A PPG is an independent body formed to act as an interface between the practice and patient.
Ours aims are to:
- assist the practice to serve our community in the most effectiveway,
- provide a greater commitment to community health,
- increase awareness of local services.
Patient benefits of a PPG :
- enable patients to be more responsible for their own health,
- enable patients to have a better understanding and knowledge of the practice and its staff,
- consultation about arrangements for healthcare provision at the surgery
- improved communicationwith staff,
- a forum to suggest ideas and voice concerns.
Practice benefits of a PPG:
- plan services jointly with patients,
- a forum to voice concerns and suggest ideas to patients,
- closer relationswith our practice community.